Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Been down hard

This was my river. Those were my mountains. There comes a time, I guess, where a mosaic begins to form, when peices of something just beyond a clear vision coalesce, and we're left with a decision. I make my decisions anymore based on the principle of a simple two-point criterion paradigm: does it benefit my family, and does it fit my aspiration of my growth as a spirit. Complex questions for a simple quotient, and the myriad outcomes are staggering in their entropic array of ramifications. That said, my mosaic began to form and I leapt with all the vigor and motivation I posess. The house. The job. The car. The funny thing about making bold decisions is that sometimes, the shit you don't typically hear about happens.
The bottom line is that I made sound decisions with prudence and research and now teeter on the razor's edge of losing so much more than I can gain. I'm horrifically disillusioned, remarkably sad and haven't felt so alone and hung out to dry in many, many years. I'm not sleeping behind the dumpster anymore, but I certainly feel like I've been run over and have blown to the weeds on the side of the road of life lately.
It's fucking hard to get the momentum back to even being productive, and when there are sick people refusing healing just adding to your load daily, it's so much the more difficult. The road has overgrown with weeds. I've been fighting other creatures to the sides of the path and have lost my way. I'm trying so hard to find even the footpath at this point, but it's fucking hard, and I wanted someone to know. So thank you, inane blog, and thanks to Zee, wherever you are, for forecasting the utilitarian faculties of this strange yet somehow effective mode of release.
I'm holding on to the notion that if I can at very least keep Love in my heart, my mind on God, and respond from the place they both reside, I'll be okay. The better I am, the better my family is, and that's what's important in the bigger picture.
Here's to bigger pictures and better times ahead.
Amen.

2 comments:

gfid said...

hi there - tripped over you over at Zee's. you're very eloquent, and i love words, and the power behind them, so i've enjoyed my visit. thanks.

just a word of encouragement. sometimes we don't see the effects that our efforts for good have on our surroundings, or on other people... for a long time, or even ever. that doesn't diminish the unshakeable fact that there ARE effects, and that what we do has value. if we do those things hoping for recognition, we're doing them for the wrong reason. giving blesses the giver, no less than the recipient, if the gift is given freely, and without expectation of reciprocation or recognition.

so enjoy your blog, say what you need to say, search out others who you share ideals with, and encourage each other.

blessings

Lee said...

Ahem...why, such a startling astonishment...thank you so much for sharing, g! So wonderful to know that the feelings are shared and known.
Part of the art of giving, or trying to give, sharing, oh...you know what I mean, I'm discovering, is the regenerative power of the humility in receiving as well. (Humility in the noblest sense: being right-sized). In that vein, I offer only gratitude to you this evening; many thanks for the wonderful pulse through this etheric void....